You are currently viewing ‘A masterpiece’ – Francis Ngannou lands new job in secret project as fans speculate former UFC champion’s next move

‘A masterpiece’ – Francis Ngannou lands new job in secret project as fans speculate former UFC champion’s next move

  • Post category:Sports News
Share this

Francis Ngannou is making his next move, but unfortunately for MMA fans it comes outside of the cage.

Ngannou has stepped into the ring with Tyson Fury and Anthony Joshua in the last two years, before making his first MMA appearance since leaving the UFC.

Ngannou said his next project his a ‘masterpiece’
instagram @francisngannou
He has been working with locals in Batie, Cameroon
instagram @francisngannou
‘The Predator’ even named a fancy new job that comes on top of his fighting career
instagram @francisngannou

He has now announced his involvement with a project taking place in his native Cameroon as he teased fans to ‘stay tuned’ for what’s to come next, while also revealing an exciting new job he will partake in.

“My next project in Batie is a masterpiece and very personal,” Ngannou wrote on Instagram.

“So I don’t just assign it to people; I follow it closely, to the point of becoming an excavator operator.

“Stay tuned for what’s coming out of the ground.”

Those same fans have been eagerly awaiting an announcement from ‘The Predator’ regarding his next bout.

Ngannou flattened Renan Ferreira in the first round of his PFL debut in October 2024, which marked his last fight to date.

The 38-year-old has been rumoured to step back into the squared circle with the likes of Deontay Wilder, before making a return to mixed martial arts.

Although combat sports fans are getting impatient regarding Ngannou’s next move in the fighting world, ‘The Predator’ has been praised for his continued acts of kindness beyond the cage.

“In a world of greed you choose to give and help others. You’re a role model and the world needs you,” one fan responded.

Another said: “Work ethic and supporting your people = actions speak louder than words.”

Ngannou has been praised for his work ethic and supporting his people
Getty
He will announce an update on his project very soon
instagram @francisngannou

“Champ for a reason,” a third wrote, and a fourth said: “A king and more.”

UFC star like Conor McGregor and Israel Adesanya also shared their love on the post.

Ngannou’s combat sports future remains uncertain, but there are plenty of exciting options ahead for ‘The Predator’.

He left the UFC after defending his heavyweight title against Ciryl Gane in January 2022, citing contract disputes with the promotions CEO, Dana White, as a major driving force behind his decision.

Ngannou had been rumoured to fight current heavyweight champion Jon Jones for years, but the promotion were never able to make the fight work, so the former left.

The Cameroonian has since joined UFC’s biggest rivals, the PFL, who have allowed him to work his boxing career around being the promotion’s biggest star.

Ngannou made his pro boxing debut against ‘The Gypsy King’
Riyadh Season
RIYADH, SAUDI ARABIA - MARCH 08: Anthony Joshua punches Francis Ngannou during the Heavyweight fight between Anthony Joshua and Francis Ngannou on the Knockout Chaos boxing card at the Kingdom Arena on March 08, 2024 in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. (Photo by Richard Pelham/Getty Images)
But was knocked out by Joshua before returning to MMA
GETTY

Dan Hardy oversees PFL events in Europe and he told talkSPORT.com that Ngannou is eager to get a fight booked soon.

“From what I understand, Francis wants some activity, whether that is boxing or MMA,” he said.

“I think he wants to have another run out very soon. I don’t think it would be a bad idea for him to have another boxing run out. I think there are some really interesting fights there for him.

“I think he can make a good chunk of cash while at the same time the PFL heavyweight division keeps developing…

“There are good options for him in MMA. I don’t know who I would put on the table right now unless it is Jon Jones for $50million or even Tom Aspinall

“Give Tom Aspinall the $50m. However it plays out, I don’t get involved in those high-end dealings.

Jones vs Ngannou would arguably be the biggest heavyweight fight of all time

“One thing I will say is if we do get Ngannou versus any of those MMA champions that I have mentioned, then we need to rent out the Colosseum or something.

“I don’t think anywhere else would do it justice.”

Briton Tom Aspinall is the UFC interim heavyweight champion and could unify the division through a fight with Jones this year.

There have been calls from several MMA fans that the winner of that should fight Ngannou to decided the ultimate heavyweight on the planet.

Ngannou fighting against any of the current champions in MMA would be a spectacle, however, the former is likely to delve back into the ring first.

Share this