ESPN looks set to add to its talent roster this offseason.
Peter Schrager, who currently co-hosts the NFL Network’s Good Morning Football (GMFB) show and has on-screen roles with Fox Sports, is said to be in ‘serious talks’ to join the broadcaster.

According to Front Office Sports (FOS), the NFL insider would contribute across ESPN’s daily studio lineup, including NFL Live, First Take and Get Up.
Schrager would also be made a key contributor during the network’s marquee events, including the draft and Super Bowl week.
The report from FOS adds that the contract between Schrager and ESPN is not finalized, and it’s still to be determined whether he would bring his podcast with him.
If the deal is done in time, it’s possible he could work on ABC and ESPN’s upcoming coverage of the 2025 draft next month.
Alongside his appearances on NFL Network, Schrager also had a Super Bowl role with Fox, and was on the network’s weekly 11am pregame show during the regular season.
His potential move to ESPN would be a blow for both Fox and the NFL Network, where he has been a staple of GMFB since the show’s inception in 2016.
His departure from the league-owned network looks set to come one year after it made the decision to relocate the show from New York to Los Angeles in a cost-cutting move.
Schrager had remained a part of GMFB, mostly appearing remotely.
Should he sign with ESPN, he will be the latest talent to leave Fox, which appears to be facing uncertainty around its talent ahead of the 2025 NFL season.
Jimmy Johnson, the Pro Football Hall of Fame coach who won two Super Bowls and a college national championship, announced his retirement from the network earlier this month.

He had been part of NFL coverage for most of the network’s 31 years.
The futures of Charissa Thompson and Erin Andrews are also still up in the air.
Neither are said to be employed by Fox after their contracts ended following the 2024 NFL season.
Andrews has recently opened up about her private health battle, and their next moves are still unknown.
ESPN, meanwhile, has been on a hiring spree in recent months as it prepares for its first two Super Bowls in 2027 and 2031.
President of content Burke Magnus has brought across director Artie Kempner from Fox to serve as the new director of Monday Night Football.


Kempner will be the third different director to work with Joe Buck and Troy Aikman – regarded by many as the best in the booth.
The pair are entering the fourth season of their five-year contracts that are said to be worth a combined $165million.
Kempner has previously worked with Buck and Aikman, but had been Fox’s No. 2 NFL director, while being its lead on NASCAR.
“We want to put our best foot forward in every conceivable way in what, with no exaggeration, could be the biggest moment in the history of ESPN by the time Feb. 14, 2027 rolls around,” Magnus said of bringing in a new director ahead of Super Bowl LXI.
NFL’s Greatest……

Ranking the top 10……
Quarterbacks of all-time – Can anyone better Tom Brady?
Wide receivers of all-time – Does Randy Moss or Jerry Rice come out on top?
Running backs of all-time – Stacking Jim Brown, Barrie Sanders, Walter Payton, Emmett Smith and more
Tight ends of all-time – How does Travis Kelce compare?
In front of the camera, First Take star Stephen A. Smith has also recently signed a new five-year, $100million contract with ESPN.
Stay up to date with the latest from across the NFL via our talkSPORT Facebook page, and subscribe to our Endzone YouTube channel for news, view and exclusive interviews as we build up to the NFL Draft in April